Is it even possible to eat too much butternut squash soup at this time of year? I’m doubtful…
This cozy fall staple is the kind of dish I like to make on repeat during October and November. If you’re not a big cook, quadrupling the recipe and stocking your freezer is a smart move. Consider the five tried-tested-and-true recipes below…
And how to make butternut squash soup even more cozy and fun? Serve it in a hollowed out whole-roasted squash. My favourite type to use is Kabocha (aka Buttercup), but they all work.
How to Make Roasted Squash Soup Bowls
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Cut the tops off your squash (use them as a cute lid to keep soup warm later on)
3. Scrape out insides of squash.
4. Rub outside of squash with olive oil and place cut side down on parchment lined baking sheet.
5. Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until soft.
6. Remove from oven, flip squash bowls upside down and fill with soup.
5 Amazing Butternut Squash Soup Recipes
1. Curried Butternut Squash Soup by Minimalist Baker
2. Butternut Squash, Leek and Apple Soup by My New Roots
3. Roasted Butternut and Coconut Soup by Green Kitchen Stories
4. Roasted Butternut Squash Soup by Cookie + Kate
5. Butternut Squash Ribollita (a chunky option) by Rooting the Sun
If you’re not in the mood to cook, try kitskitchen’s healthy Butternut Squash and Ginger Soup available at spud.ca and these retailers.