Good wine pairings put a dining experience over the top. This is what happened at a recent ‘Seasonal Tasting Menu Dinner with wine flight’ at Hawksworth Restaurant. You’ll understand why their wine program is award-winning with just a few sips and nibbles.
Hawksworth’s delightfully well-versed assistant wine director, Jay Whiteley, took us on a most memorable international liquid journey throughout the six-course meal. I made this list, selfishly, so I can stock up next time I’m at the liquor store. Hope you find it useful, too.
1. Pierre Gimonnet & Fils Brut – to start
2. Pares Balta Brut – with hamachi tartar with avocado and puffed rice
3. Tawse Sketches Riesling 2010 – with aged prosciutto, burrata and olive oil marshmallows
4. Tengumai Umajun Junmai Sake – with soft-poached hen egg and truffles
5. Domaene Gobelsburg Zweigelt – with tandoori sturgeon
6. Langhe Nebbiolo 2010 – with bison, summer truffle and potato gnocchi
7. Innocent Bystander Moscato – with strawberry gelee and vanilla cream dessert
As for the dinner, it’s a bucket list dining experience – if you live in Vancouver and you’re into food and wine, you can’t not go.
To make a reservation at Hawksworth, call 604-673-7000 or visit their website here.