The city’s sweetest festival is returning this fall in anticipation of the holidays! On Saturday, November 21, 2015, the 4th annual CandyTown will celebrate the season in the heart of Yaletown. As downtown Vancouver’s only free outdoor Christmas bash, the festival is once again expected to draw thousands of revellers – last year’s visitor numbers exceeded 15,000.
This annual street celebration for all ages is hosted and produced by the generous merchants of Yaletown through the Yaletown Business Improvement Association, and numerous ways for visitors of all ages to catch the holiday spirit. With a sweet candy theme for this year’s event, everyone can enjoy this free festival as this heritage neighbourhood is transformed into a winter wonderland.
- Take a photo with Santa
- Visit the Ice Queen at the North Pole (Bill Curtis Square)
- Enjoy a horse-drawn carriage ride around Yaletown (beginning at Salsa & Agave on Pacific)
- Make crafts
- Get your face painted
- Browse goodies from local vendors
- Watch an ice sculptor live (on Helmcken Street from 1-5pm)
- Pick out a Christmas tree
- Make and eat candy for free at the Candy Hut
- Try local food trucks (Meet 2 Eat, Cloud Nine Cotton Candy Co., Big Red’s Poutine etc.)
- Other food vendors include Half Baked Cookie Co., Ganong Chocolates, Damien’s Belgian Waffles, Bluebird Cakery
Where: Mainland Street in the heart of Yaletown
When: Saturday, November 21st, 2015 from 12-7pm
Price: Free! *Attendees are encouraged to get into the giving spirit by bringing donations for the BC Children’s Hospital & Starlight Children’s Foundation
Prize: A private chocolate-tasting for up to 18 guests at XOXOLAT, Yaletown’s premier chocolate destination and a CandyTown participant. Gather a group of chocolate-obsessed friends or perhaps co-workers? No better way to bond than over chocolate. Read more about the experience here.
Timeline: Contest closes at 9am on Friday, November 20th. I’ll announce the winner on Instagram. Good luck!
Thanks @iYaletown for sponsoring this contest!