On Tuesday, March 25, 2014 Eat. Drink. And Make a Difference.
On that day, British Columbia’s largest hospitality fundraiser will see participating restaurants from Whistler to White Rock and across the Lower Mainland come together and donate 25% of their food sales in support of local men, women and children affected by HIV/AIDS.
- Over 110,000 meals per year delivered to those affected by HIV/AIDS in Metro Vancouver and surrounding regions
- Nutritional counselling and meal planning
- 60+ support therapies ranging from therapeutic massage to naturopathy, music therapy to yoga
- A weekly hot lunch program for youth affected by HIV/AIDS
- End-of-life care to home-bound clients
HIV/AIDS IN THE LOWER MAINLAND: In 2011, the Public Health Agency of Canada estimated 71,300 people living with HIV/AIDS in Canada — with over 25% residing in British Columbia. Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside maintains the highest HIV prevalence in the Western world, reaching as high 27%.
While new infection rates in B.C. have thankfully decreased, advanced therapies mean people with HIV/AIDS are living longer and the number of people who depend on Friends For Life and A Loving Spoonful’s services continues to grow.
On Tuesday, March 25, 2014, fill your plate and help us fill theirs.