That Closes Out Canada’s Largest Celebration of Food and Drink
ALL NEW FEATURES
- Intimate EAT! VIP Experiences, where a small number of participants will have the chance to interact with celebrity chef favourites Susur Lee, Mark McEwan and Anna Olson;
- The Talk & Taste Stage presented by Zwilling, where top chefs and culinary experts — Angus An, Ned Bell, Trevor Bird, Andrea Carlson, Jonathan Chovancek, Ryan O’Flynn, Lucais Syme, Joël Watanabe, Chris Whittaker and Wesley Young — will host demonstrations and tastings;
- The Canadian Food Artisan Pavilion sponsored by Edible Canada, which spotlights local culinary artisans and their products;
- Speed Rack, an international cocktail competition in support of the Canadian Breast Cancer Society (BC/Yukon Region), featuring top female bartenders from coast to coast and brought to Canada for the first time by award-winning bartenders Lauren Mote and Dani Tatarin, along with Speed Rack’s Ivy Mix and Lynnette Marrero;
- Healthy Living and Gluten-Free sponsored by Pomme Natural Market, featuring helpful tips for those with food sensitivities or following precise dietary paths including vegan, vegetarian and paleo;
- The Craft Beer Alley sponsored by the BC Craft Brewers Guild, featuring the best local craft beers, recognized globally for excellence;
- An On-site Legacy Liquor Store, where visitors can purchase their favourite beer, wine and spirits to enjoy at home.
- The Celebrity Chef Throwdown presented by Zwilling, where two-time Celebrity Chef Throwdown winner and Vancouver luminary Rob Feenie — along with Carolyn Ali (Georgia Straight), Erin Ireland (To Die For) and Sophie Lui (Global TV) — will judge Beaucoup Bakery owner Jackie Kai Ellis, Food Network notable Anna Olson and Café Medina executive chef Jonathan Chovancek as they face off in a fun, fast-paced culinary fight to the finish line;
- The Celebrity Chef Stage, with cooking demonstrations by celebrated chefs such as Rob Feenie, Anna Olson, Mark McEwan, Susur Lee, Ned Bell, Vikram Vij and Michael P. Clive, as well as a special interactive cooking demonstration for kids and families by Dr. Greg Chan of SuperChefs Cookery for Kids;
- Cheese Seminars presented by the Dairy Farmers of Canada;
- The World Culinary Travel Expo sponsored by Global EAT;
- Culinary Classes presented by the Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts (PICA);
- SIPS and the SIPS Stage presented by Legacy Liquor Store;
- Bites, featuring bite-sized tastings of cuisine from around the world.
|Friday, May 1||2 p.m. to 9 p.m.|
|Saturday, May 2||10 a.m. to 9 p.m.|
|Sunday, May 3||10 a.m. to 5 p.m.|
BC Place Stadium, 777 Pacific Boulevard, Vancouver, BC V6B 4Y8
|Senior (65+) Friday, May 1 before 5 p.m.||$6|
|Youth (ages 13 to 16)||$9|
|Children (ages 12 and under)||FREE|
General admission tickets for EAT! Vancouver at BC Place taking place May 1 to 3 are available online at www.eat-vancouver.com as well as on-site at Gate A.
Tickets for featured EAT! Vancouver at BC Place programming including VIP Chef Experiences, PICA Culinary Classes, Speed Rack and Talk & Taste Stage are available online at www.eat-vancouver.com and range from $7 to $95.
All EAT! Vancouver Dinners and Hands-on Workshops, as well as the Canadian Flavours Gala, Hospitality Symposium, Pastry Tasting & Panel Discussion and Speed Rack taking place April 26 to May 3 include a complimentary ticket to EAT! Vancouver at BC Place.
EAT! VANCOUVER EVENTS
In the five days leading up to the EAT! Vancouver at BC Place exhibition May 1 to 3, the EAT! Vancouver Food + Cooking Festival will feature more than 35 star-studded events at some of the city’s hottest restaurants, markets and production facilities with unique experiences like the Collaborative Chef Dinner Series, Hands-on Workshops, Hospitality Symposium, Pastry Tasting & Panel Discussion and Canadian Flavours Gala. For further information or to purchase tickets, visit: www.eat-vancouver.com/all-
Visitors from near and far are encouraged to take advantage of special hotel packages offered by the official host hotel of EAT! Vancouver, Pinnacle Hotel Vancouver Harbourfront (1133 West Hastings St., Vancouver, BC). For further information, go to:www.pinnacleharbourfronthotel.
EAT! Vancouver is proud to support the following charity partners in 2015 and offer attendees unique opportunities to give back to the community while they enjoy this year’s Festival: BC Hospitality Foundation, Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation (BC/Yukon Region), Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society, Project CHEF and Vancouver Aquarium Ocean Wise™ program.
This release was provided by Shelley McArthur Communications