Canada’s premier food festival grows to week-long extravaganza
featuring 35 unique culinary events, plus a three-day tasting show
The annual EAT! Vancouver Food + Cooking Festival returns for its 13th year April 26 to May 3, 2015 with an expanded content program featuring a smorgasbord of exciting new events that will showcase the city’s unique culinary culture and attract top chefs, food producers and consumers from across North America.
As part of the expanded week-long lineup, EAT! Vancouver will host 15 top chefs from across Canada who will participate in 35 unique culinary events including:
- A Collaborative Chef Dinner Series that sees EAT! guest chefs paired with Vancouver’s hottest kitchens to create 12 unforgettable dining experiences;
- Seventeen exclusive Hands-on Workshops being held throughout the week at premier restaurants, chef’s private homes and artisan kitchens across the city;
- The Canadian Flavours Gala in partnership with the Naramata Bench Wineries Association, featuring more than 15 top chefs from across Canada pairing unique local dishes with the first spring release wines from the Naramata Bench;
- A Hospitality Symposium bringing together leading culinary influencers to discuss the issues facing sustainability and ethical meats.
- Intimate VIP Chef Experiences, where a small number of participants will have the chance to interact with their favourite celebrity chefs;
- The “Talk & Taste” stage, where Vancouver’s top chefs, cookbook authors and culinary experts will host demonstrations, tastings and beverage pairings;
- The Canadian Food Artisan Pavilion sponsored by Edible Canada, which spotlights the country’s leading culinary artisans and their products;
- The Craft Beer Alley sponsored by the BC Craft Brewers Guild, which features the best local craft beers, recognized globally for excellence;
- An On-site Legacy Liquor Store, where visitors can purchase their favourite beer, wine and spirits sampled at EAT! Vancouver at BC Place to enjoy at home.
Wine, beer and spirit connoisseurs will also have plenty to quench their thirst at “Sips”, where attendees can engage with experts, vintners and producers from British Columbia and around the world, as well as the Sips Stage, which will offer seminars, cocktails, food pairings and wine and beer tastings presented by culinary and mixology experts.
Tickets for all EAT! Vancouver Food + Cooking Festival events go on sale March 5. Full programming details and complete list of participating chefs will be revealed in February.
About EAT! Vancouver Food + Cooking Festival
The 2015 EAT! Vancouver Food + Cooking Festival is a world-class, week-long festival showcasing the city’s extraordinary culinary culture at venues throughout Vancouver April 26 to May 3. Already the largest festival of its kind in Canada, the 13th annual edition of the event offers an expanded lineup and features top culinary stars, food producers and restaurants from across North America and beyond participating in a variety of hands-on workshops, collaborative chef dinners featuring celebrity chefs, Canadian Flavours Gala and Hospitality Symposium, all building to the EAT! Vancouver at BC Place showcase May 1 to 3. | www.eat-vancouver.com | #eatbuzz
For more information on the EAT! Vancouver Food + Cooking Festival or to stay up-to-date on the latest developments, go to www.eat-vancouver.com, become a fan of/eat.vancouver on Facebook or follow @eat_vancouver on Twitter, @eatvancouver on Instagram and /EATVancouverFestival on Youtube.