How fun and pretty are these hasselback yams?! It’s hard to go back to plain ‘ol roasted yams after these beauties…am I right? The slicing is a bit tiresome but it’s worth it in the end. Try this recipe for Thanksgiving dinner or any old dinner…
4 yams (or however many you like!)
1 tbsp. orange spice blend (I found mine at Dirty Apron)
3 tbsp. organic canola oil (or oil of choice)
1 tsp. sea salt
2 green onions
1. Slice your yams as seen in the picture. It helps if you rest the tip of your knife on the cutting board (in front of the yam) and then press down slowly so you don’t cut directly through the yam. You could also place a wooden spoon on the side of the yam that’s closest to you to prevent your knive from cutting through and ruining everything.
2. Rub yams with oil (try to get some down the cracks).
3. Sprinkle with salt and spice.
4. Roast at 400F for about 40 minutes (or until soft).
5. Garnish with green onions.