For the fourth year, the city of Vancouver hosts Le Dîner en Blanc. On Tuesday, August 25, 2015, the annual secret affair promises another unforgettable evening of elegance, beauty and magic, when it takes over an undisclosed public space whose location is only revealed minutes prior to the commencement of the event. Over 3,500 foodies, fashion and cultural enthusiasts have attended the event in the past and 4,500 are expected this year.
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Montreal, Dîner en Blanc International is responsible for developing this secret picnic in over 60 cities in more than 25 countries around the world. In the midst of such a beautiful, bright environment, Le Dîner en Blanc has been the backdrop of many marriage proposals and even pop-up weddings. In previous years, Vancouver has hosted Le Dîner en Blanc in Yaletown’s David Lam Park and the TELUS World of Science.
Bystanders will witness groups of guests all dressed in white gathering at specific rallying points all across the city. Guided by Dîner en Blanc volunteers, these groups will then converge on one of Vancouver’s most beautiful settings, travelling by foot, bus or public transportation. Guests must bring their own feast, table, chairs and table setting. Over the course of the evening, they will dine and celebrate with music, entertainment and dancing.
The evening is filled with visually breathtaking moments including “the waving of the napkins” to mark the beginning of the dinner and the lighting of sparklers to let guests know they are now free to mingle and dance. At the end of the evening when the trumpet sounds, guests pack up all of their belongings and head back into the night, leaving behind no sign of their elegant revelry.
To maintain the uniqueness of Le Dîner en Blanc and stay true to tradition, guests must observea few key rules:
- Registration happens in three stages: Phase 1 is for members who attended the previous year; Phase 2 is for new members who are referred by Phase I attendees; Phase 3 is for people who signed up on the waiting list via the official website:vancouver.dinerenblanc.info/
register by Monday, August 3, 2015.
- This is a rain or shine event.
- Dress code: White only
- Table setting: all white!
- To ensure that the location secret is kept secret until the last minute, guests meet at assigned locations and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
- Guests are required to leave with all of their belongings, leftovers and litter.
Guests must bring
- A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth.
- A picnic basket of dinner, proper stemware and white dinnerware.
- Champagne or wine can be purchased in advanced online at the time of ticket purchase.
- A catered picnic basket option, which can be picked up on site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Dîner en Blanc website during the initial ticket registration.
This release was provided by Camber Communications