These guys are not quite as healthy as the last muffin recipe I posted…but they are to die for. Enjoy them with coffee or as dessert.
1 c. buttermilk (or milk sprinkled with vinegar)
1/4 c. oil (I use olive)
3/4 c. white sugar (reduce if you prefer less sweet)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
1/2 tbsp. baking powder (that’s 1 ½ tsp.)
1/2 tbsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. salt
3/4 c. chopped white chocolate
3/4 c. pitted cherries
1. Preheat oven to 425F + grease muffin tin.
2. In a small bowl, combine buttermilk, oil, sugar, vanilla, and beaten eggs.
3. In a separate medium bowl, sift together dry ingredients.
4. Set aside small handful of white chocolate and cherries for your garnish. Chop chocolate into little sticks (or any shape you like).
5. Combine wet and dry, then add remaining chocolate and cherries.
6. Fill muffin tins half-way (this batter rises quite a bit) and add garnish.
7. Bake for 15 minutes — less if using mini muffin tins. Keep an eye on these as they cook very fast and can burn easily. When done, the muffins appear fairly light colored on top.
8. Enjoy! And let me know what you think.
If you’d rather leave the baking to someone else, here’s a list of my favorite cafes (who each offer delicious baked goods) in Vancouver.
Ciao for now.