A night of good television (debate!!!) requires equally good viewing snacks. Here are the details of tonight’s 100% plant-based cheese platter, built with Blue Heron Creamery nut cheese.
Clock-wise from top left:
- BC hazelnuts
- Gone Crackers (Olive Oil & Cracked Pepper)
- Young Caraway Gouda with pink peppercorns
- Charcoal Apricot Kimchi Hot Sauce
- Fig Smoked Almond Ricotta (in pot)
- Castelvetrano olives (from Whole Foods olive bar)
- Almond Beachwood (brownish cheese, closer to middle)
- Beer cheddar (skinny slice)
- Figs from spud.ca
- Swiss Mozza (with knife)
- Apricot Wensleydale (with yellow rind)
- Kalamata olives
- Coronation grapes from the Okanagan
- Vegan garlic scape butter
- Mary’s Gone Crackers
- Ashed Camembert
- Vegan butter
*Serving platter is by the *awesome* people at Pacific Design Lab
For the past year or so, Blue Heron Nut Cheese (by Chef Karen McAthy) has only been available via subscription…but good news! In a week or two, The Juice Truck (28 W 5th Ave) will begin carrying it.
Hope you’re all enjoying the debate as much as I am. GO HILLARY!!!