**UPDATE!** Calendars now available! Click here to buy as many as you like!
The chance to help find a cure for breast cancer and a food photo shoot. These are two opportunities I would never refuse. When Penni Thow, one of the inspirational organizers of the PinUps For Pink calendar asked me to participate as one of the twelve women featured in the project, my enthusiastic response was instant.
Classy and powerful – two words to describe the project, featuring twelve Canadian women who’ve each taken a stand for what they believe in. Our passionate team’s goal is to raise $100,000 and even more awareness about breast cancer.
As pin-ups, we were dolled up by sought-after makeup artists Breianne Zellinsky and Andrea Tiller then outfitted by top stylist Karolina Jez in ensembles to compliment our careers, charities, or passions (in my case, my career and passion – food!). The prop used in my shoot was red and hot – any guesses? Leave a comment!
- Queen of Sci-Fi: Amanda Tapping
- Canadian Olympic Heroine: Ashleigh McIvor
- Entertainment Tonight Canada Sweetheart: Erin Cebula
- Die-hard Foodie & Future Food Network TV Host (crossing fingers!): Me
- Vancouver Talk Show Queen: Fiona Forbes
- Vancouver Reality TV Star & Top 40 under 40 Business Owner: Mashiah Vaughn
- All-around Vancouver Broadcaster & Radio Personality: Kuljeet Kaila
- Operation Style Fashionistas: Jillian & Kristy
- Top 40 under 40 Business Owner & Founder of Soul Flower: Susan Fiedler
- Influential Canadian Artist behind ‘The Forgotten’: Pamela Masik
The calendars will be on sale at various events throughout October and November. They’re also downloadable in a variety of options through the PinUps for Pink website. Click here for details.
On October 3rd, the pin-ups and I will participate in the CIBC Run for the Cure – click here to support me on my run & donate to the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation. It all adds up! Thank you so much. And you can browse that same site for soon-to-be-posted details of our October 23rd kick-off event, where all the calendar gals will present!
Ciao for now!