1 ¾ c. flour
3/4 c. – 1 c. brown sugar (depending on your sweet tooth)
1/2 c. cocoa
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. chili powder (add 1/4 tsp. if you’d like a bolder spice flavor)
1/2 tsp. allspice
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 ¼ c. cream
1/2 c. olive oil (very full 1/2 c.)
1 tbsp. vanilla
1/2 c. chopped chili chocolate bar (or chocolate chips for a lighter chili flavor)
Optional: 3/4 c. chili chocolate (or regular) and two large dark chocolate cookies
Crunch Cookie Center (optional)
1. On stovetop, melt 3/4 c. chili chocolate in saucepan, then remove from heat.
2. Transfer chocolate to a small bowl and add crumbled cookies — mix together.
1. Preheat oven to 375F and grease your muffin tins.
2. In large bowl, combine first seven dry ingredients.
3. In small bowl, combine egg, cream, oil, and vanilla.
4. Combine dry and wet, then add chocolate.
5. Optional: fill muffin tins less than half full, then add 1 tbsp. (or more) of chili chocolate cookie mixture to center. Top with more batter.
6. Garnish as you like. Ideas: chili flakes, chili chocolate, whole chilis.
7. Bake for ~25 minutes.
Ciao for now!