This picture doesn’t do them justice. They’re thick, dense with ‘stuff’, and addictive.
If you don’t have all of the below ingredients, feel free to mix it up and use whatever you do have on hand, like dried cranberries or nuts.
- 1 c. vegan butter
- 1/2 c. white sugar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 2 flax eggs
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 2 c. flour (whole wheat works)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. soda
- 1 tsp. powder
- 1.5 tsp. salt
- 1 c. quick oats
- 1/2 c. bran flakes (or any dry cereal you have on hand)
- 1/2 c. sunflower seeds
- 1/4 c. flax seeds
- 1/4 c. sesame seeds
- 1/4 c. wheat germ (or bran)
- 1 c. dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 c. unsweetened coconut flakes
- Cream butter in large bowl. Beat in sugars, then add flax eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix ingredients 11 to 18. Stir in butter, then add all remaining ingredients.
- Roll 1” balls onto cookie trays (I don’t pat them down so they stay nice, round and moist in the middle) and bake for 10 – 12 minutes at 350F.