Harvest Vine in Seattle makes a brunch worth the two and a half hour drive from Vancouver. Yes, that happened.
Of all the gorgeous, Spanish tapas-style dishes on their menu, the Lightly Scrambled Eggs with button mushrooms, onion confit and thyme, was the best. Here’s my go at it.
- 3 free range eggs (they are so much more flavourful than caged)
- 1/2 c. coarsely chopped button mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. freshly chopped garlic
- 1 to 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Handful of cilantro
- Big splash of cream
- Cilantro oil (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a pan, add garlic til slightly browned
- Add mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, sautee until soft, then set aside
- In a small bowl, beat eggs with cream and thyme
- Cook eggs in a pan on medium low heat, season with salt and pepper, stir constantly to avoid over-cooking
- Add mushrooms to eggs, then remove pan from heat when eggs’ texture is pudding-like.
- Finish with cilantro and drizzle with cilantro oil
- Serve with toasted, olive oil-brushed wedges of baguette