Banana bread French toast has got to be one of the most fun breakfast dishes ever. It’s totally over-the-top indulgent and perfect for a special occasion…like Christmas morning, perhaps?
Take your Banana Bread French Toast to the next level by breading each moist, egg-dipped slices. Because texture is everything…
1 small banana bread loaf (I use To Die For…of course. Find it here.)
2 eggs (I use Urban Digs)
1/2 c. breading (I use Gluten Free Brown Rice Breading Crumbs from SPUD)
1 tbsp. vanilla
1 tsp. oil
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. dark chocolate (optional garnish) (I use Callebaut)
2 tbsp. maple syrup (optional garnish)
2 tbsp. chopped macadamia nuts (optional garnish)
1. Start by heating oil in a pan on medium high.
2. In a bowl, beat your eggs and add vanilla. Transfer mixture to a medium sized plate (for easy bread dipping).
3. Sprinkle your crumbs onto a separate plate and slice your banana bread into thick pieces.
4. Dip banana bread into eggs, then fully coat with breading.
5. Fry slices in your pan until golden brown (1-2 minutes) on each side. Sprinkle with salt.
6. To serve, stack your slices high and load on your macadamia nut, chocolate, maple syrup toppings.