Hunting for Vancouver’s best Easter desserts? Here are some delicious, adorable options for you.
1. Easter Cupcakes by Original Cupcakes – Is this the cutest cupcake you’ve ever seen or is this the cutest cupcake you’ve ever seen? Thought so.
Where to buy: Click here to view all seven Cupcakes locations
2. Pebble-Filled Chocolate Easter Eggs by Beta5 – Easter isn’t the same without an egg hunt. How perfect are these gourmet, locally-made treats? Goodbye Kinder Surprise, hello Beta5.
Where to buy: Beta5, The Dirty apron, Walrus, Much + Little, Room6, & Marche St. George – click here for addresses
About: Eggs are cast with two layers of chocolate (one white, the other dark) then filled with six different types of pebbles – caramelized Fraser Valley Hazelnuts, sun-dried Okanagan cherries, caramelized Marcona almonds, pistachios, puffed cereals, and house-made pretzel bites. Once filled, they’re sprayed with coloured chocolate to resemble a real egg – white, brown and robin’s egg blue. Wrapped in foil, they’re sold individually ($5), by the 1/2 dozen ($25) or by the dozen ($49).
3. Soirette’s Easter Macarons – if not for delicious bright bites, visit downtown’s new confectionery for its exquisite teas and gorgeous feminine interior. You won’t want to leave.
Where to buy: 1433 W. Pender St. (open Easter weekend)
About: Yellow: passionfruit, blue: earl grey cassis, green: pistachio, pink: white chocolate, dark pink: raspberry, purple: lavender, chocolate: dark chocolate
4. Easter Eggs by Thomas Haas – surprise your little bunnies with a straw-filled basket of high quality chocolate this year
Where to buy: Click here to view Thomas’ two locations
Charity Event: Thomas Haas will hold his 7th Annual Easter Egg Raffle. Be on the hunt for the four impressive two-foot Easter eggs created by Thomas himself and his talented chocolatiers. Hop on over to one of his stores and choose your favourite creation. Get a raffle ticket ($5) and it could be yours. Draw date is Friday, April 6 at 2:00 pm at both stores. 100% of raffle ticket proceeds will benefit Union Gospel Mission and North Shore Women’s Centre.
5. Easter Cookies by Cookievonster – Evon aka Cookievonster (see what she did there?) makes adorably festive treats. Request any design you like.
Where to buy: Contact Evon via her website here
About: Evon bakes to order, using Royal Icing. Expect crunchy icing and thick shortbread. View her cookie portfolio here.
Where to buy: visit the website here
8. Easter Flavored Gelato by Bella Gelateria – award-winning gelato maker James Coleridge is making several festive flavours for Easter and Passover, including Egg with Chocolate Pieces (like Mini Eggs), Hot Cross Gelato, Cinnamon with Rum-Soaked Raisins, Chocolate infused with Lavender, Apple Cinnamon with Honey served with Matzo Bread
9. The Cross Design’s Macaron Limoge Trinket Boxes – the perfect zero calorie gift
Where to buy: 1198 Homer St. or order online hereNeed recipe ideas for Easter brunch? Click here Dining out? Click here for my list of best brunch spots in Vancouver Tweet at me if you have any questions –> @erin_ireland