First of all, thanks to all of you for entering, and to many of you for sharing your beauty horror stories. I’m tempted to compile all our stories into a blog post for my readers — they are so entertaining! I read every single one of them. I’m glad we can all laugh about those awful moments now!
So, I’ve randomly selected a winner from the list of entries. Congrats to Stephanie Denk! Hopefully you won’t have to go through that oompa loompa phase this year that seems to have become your routine! I can’t wait for you to meet Isolde and Tatiana. They are very excited to meet you, too. Please email me at email@example.com to arrange your beauty services and banana bread delivery.
Merry Christmas, everyone!
If you’re anything like me, getting ready is the hardest part of your night out. I’m talking hair, make-up, outfit (in that order). These three tasks are downright exhausting.
One of the most luxurious activities has got to be shutting your eyes and having someone you trust take of these jobs for you. I’m lucky to have met two talented ladies who I have full confidence in when it comes to these services.
ABOUT HAIR STYLIST ISOLDE SEMPLE | ‘Izzy’ works at Avant Garde Hair Studio in Yaletown. We met a few years ago at a fashion show where, in about ten minutes, she threw my hair up into a crazy, wild ‘do that I fell in love with. The softspoken sweetheart became my regular hair stylist and has created most of my hair styles seen in photo shoot pictures (left) and on Urban Rush this past year.
ABOUT ESTHETICIAN TATIANA KOURTCHENKO | Svetlana Romanova introduced me to her friend and esthetician, Tatiana Kourchenko, just about a year ago. Since then, I’ve remained grateful. If you’re scared of hair removal by wax, you must visit this Russian whiz who runs her beauty studio out of Tonic Salon in Yaletown. I don’t know how she does it. Having lived in other cities and tried the services of numerous ‘depilation pros’, I can honestly say that she is the best I’ve found. Her shellac manicures are impeccable (and only $45), as well.
The three of us are offering one of you a pre-Christmas party gift package to help make your evening luxurious.
THE PRIZE PACKAGE
One winner will receive all three prizes.
- Skin, nail, or hair removal service by Tatiana: choose from a facial, a Shellac manicure (long-lasting), or a waxing of your choice (including Brazilian)
- Hair service by Isolde: choose from a cut and style, or a color and style (this includes root touch-ups) *these two services must be redeemed during one appointment
- One large loaf of banana bread — to bring to your party as a hostess gift or to indulge in later on!
- ‘Like’ this picture on Facebook
- For an extra entry, share your beauty-related horror story by commenting on this picture (I have a good one to share with you, too!)
- Contest ends Thursday, December 1 at 10am. Winner will be announced shortly afterwards — just in time for Christmas party season.
Good luck & happy holidays!