I’m a firm believe that a plant-based diet is not as complicated as some may think. I don’t blame the naysayers, though. Most of us grew up eating meat. It can be hard for us to picture a plate without meat at the centre — and even harder to figure out what replaces that void. As with anything, a vegan diet can take a bit of getting used to. But once you cross the threshold, I bet you’ll agree that is truly does require less effort.
Finding reliable recipe bloggers and cookbook authors is, of course, key to learning the vegan ways and feeding your family delicious meals every night of the week. Those listed below have provided me endless inspiration with their hearty meal ideas, their twists on classics and their stunning food photography. Hope you feel the same after scanning the feeds and flipping through their books.
Favourite Vegan Recipe Blogs
*Not 100% vegan
*Not 100% vegan
Favourite Vegan Cookbooks
- My New Roots
- Oh She Glows
- The Rawsome Vegan Cookbook
- Rawsome Vegan Baking
- Thrive Energy Cookbook
- Vegan for Everybody by America’s Test Kitchen
- The Forest Feast
- Super Fresh
- Minimalist Baker’s Everyday Cooking
- Plenty More *Mainly vegetarian but can be adapted to vegan
- Sprouted Kitchen
- Deliciously Ella
- Laura Miller’s Raw. Vegan. Not Gross.
- At Home In The Whole Food Kitchen by Amy Chaplin
- The Art of Plant-based Cheese Making by Karen McAthy – NEW!
- The Juice Truck: A Guide to Juicing, Smoothies, Cleanse, and Living a Plant Based Lifestyle – NEW!
This list is a work in progress – check back for updates soon!