I’m sure I’m not alone when I say my favourite pizza in town is the Stranger Wings from Virtuous Pie. With its spicy chunks of cauliflower, house made cashew mozzarella and creamy blue cheese sauce, it is absolutely irresistible!! I’m so in love with this pizza that I had to try recreating it at home. It turned out amazing!!! Hope you love it as much as I do…
For the cauliflower wings:
1 small head of cauliflower (cut into bite-sized florets)
1 c. almond milk
3/4 c. flour (I used white pastry flour)
1 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. paprika
3/4 tsp. sea salt
3/4 c. hot sauce (I used Frank’s)
1 1/2 tbsp. vegan butter
For the pizza:
1 block Miyoko’s vegan mozza cheese (bought mine at Vegan Supply Chinatown)
1 bunch green onions (sliced diagonally)
1/2 c. crispy fried onions (found in the salad topper section of the grocery store)
1 tsp. roasted sesame seeds (black and white) (optional)
Drizzle of Earth Island blue cheese dressing or my creamy garlic sauce
Creamy Garlic Sauce Ingredients (if you choose to use):
1/2 c. cashews (if not using a high-powered blender soak for 2 hours)
3/4 c. water
5 cloves garlic
3/4 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Make your buffalo cauliflower wings using the instructions on Hot For Food’s site (the ingredients above reflect a modified version of their recipe). Set them aside.
- For the creamy garlic sauce (if you choose to use): blend everything together in a blender until smooth. If too thin, add more nuts. If too thick, add more water.
- Brush your pizza crust with olive oil. I usually make my own dough using this recipe, but today used a pre-made crust from the store.
- Add generous portion of sliced mozza and the cauliflower wings to your pizza crust. Bake pizza until edges are golden (about 10 minutes at 400F).
- Remove from oven and top with a thick drizzle of sauce, green onions, fried onions and sesame seeds. Enjoy!